Thursday, May 7, 2009

I can walk good...

I'm really good at walking. Here's proof:







So I was walking down the street and this coked out midget came and attacked me with his coke nails.
Ok... You called my bluff.
I was finally doing laundry. Just took everything out of the dryer, folded it all nice and neat, when it started to pour. And I mean pour. It had been lightly off and on all day but this was RAIN. So I put everything in my old bag lady push cart and started running. Running down the street getting drenched with my grocery push cart when it got caught on a drift in the sidewalk and BAM! Slow motion topple of both me and the cart. I flew over the cart and ended up, all cut up, on my back on the wet sidewalk with my laundry on top of me. I managed to get home with my laundry safe, despite being covered in blood and dirt.
A cut is a weird thing. It hurts like hell. You don't think it should, but it does. It an interesting kind of hurt, sharp and painful but memorable. Like an old memory from childhood. Cause I mean really, the last time I fell and got a cut like this i was young.

Also on a previous walk home from the laundromat today, a black homeless guy stopped me and asked how I was doing. I looked at him and smiled and then he started following me and going on a rant about how much he respected me for looking at him. Even though he is from the ghetto and went to jail because he killed his mother, he really respected that I wasn't scared of him. Then he gave me a hug (oh... oh... ok...) and asked for a dollar to get some pizza. After teaching inner city high school kids... I'm not afraid of anyone. I love what the city has done for me.

So as of yesterday at 5pm, I have finished all my work for college. It was an amazing feeling. Thanks Marissa for pushing me till the end and finishing at almost the exact time. Then Annaleigh, Lauren, Ashleigh, LPB, Marissa and I went out to the beer garden for celebratory drinks. Guest appearances by Kyle, Chris and Tyler. I love beer and I hope this week while my dad's here I can keep learning more! I feel bad that I haven't always taken away the lessons he has tried to teach me, because knowing what he knows makes me cooler, but sometimes because he's my dad, they just don't stick. Maybe now that I'm older and conscious of trying to learn... oh who am I kidding. Just a couple years ago my parents gave me the break down on really learning wines, but that didn't stick either.

So yeah. My family comes this weekend. My mom and her boyfriend, my dad and his girlfriend (we've never met...) all four of them and me together for a week or so. Should be interesting! I'm excited though. I bought graduation shoes :-).

Today I went over to Cait O'Connell and Levkoff's for easy mac and boy was it delicious. Cait, lets be friends. We are? Awesome. Then to Wendy's with Pablo and Tyler for morrrrrre foood. I hadn't eaten at Wendy's since like 4th grade and it was the Wendy's in Poway that burned down later. I've always been suspicious of square hamburgers, and today did not change my mind. I got chicken. You boy are a bad influence. No more fast food for me!

It's really amazing how the time flies in a day. I swear sometimes I just don't know where the hours go. Sometimes its nice, but I really wish time would just pause for me for a little bit.


Tonight I also remembered the song, "Don't Stop Me Now." How much that song has rocked my life in so many different places and so many different occasions. Seamus, Peter and I in France in high school, Andy Kao and others getting drunk in his room and dancing/singing our brains out to that song... It was lost but not gone forever oh my darling, clementine. I remember it with fondness, and hope it will make another guest appearance in my life like it did tonight.

You're dead kid.

Over and Out,
Lisha

2 comments:

Annaleigh said...

I hope you walk better across the Radio City stage tomorrow!

Lisha said...

OMG I'm SO AFRAID OF TRIPPING.